Thoughts on this site

Moderator: dan

Sir Noel
Veteran Member

Thoughts on this site

Postby Sir Noel » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:48 pm

So I signed up for a years membership. I have been a member in the past, prior to 4k videos on the site, but the bitrate of the 1080 scenes was too low and so I just deleted everything I had downloaded and walked away with a bad taste in my mouth.

Pleased to say things are better and the 4k scenes look good, or at least potentially do (as i will explain). Here are some requests/suggestions/complaints.

1) The movies by Sam Frost look great. Fantastic. A good indicator of a well shot movie IS THAT THE MOVIE LOOKS LIKE THE PHOTOS!! However, the rest of the directors range from worse to abysmal. Gazzman is the worst of the worst, followed by Disanto and Paula Newman. I look at the covers and photos from these directors and the movies and scenes look amazing but the scenes look absolutely nothing like them. I swear, Gazzman must set out to make his scenes look like crap. How can they not compare the video footage to the picture set and not see how far off the lighting is (colours, white balance, dynamic range etc)? I have deleted every single scene i have downloaded from these directors, even though the themes and actual content look great.
All these directors ought to be shown Sam's films and told "this is the standard, if you aren't close we aren't taking your films anymore.
2) Please please more outdoor and slightly higher budget stuff. The Mountain Crush films looked amazing and i applaud the Twinwatch and other beach/outdoor movies shot. Most of these are by Xavi Rocka who doesn't quite reach the image quality heights of Sam Frost every time but he is filming in more varied environments and they are close enough to correct in Adobe Premiere. Xavi needs more work from you, he deserves it.
3) Why no 4k downloads? It isn;t the end of the world, it just means using a workaround to download the stream but that should not be necessary. If it is filmed in 4k please make it freely available in 4k.

All in all, happy with the membership decision.... but only really because of Sam Frost and a few Xavi Rocka movies. Quite what management decision allows Gazzman and Disanto to sell you their awful looking crap at the same time as this good stuff i cannot understand.

Return to Private